Satisfy your afternoon craving with one of these filling low calorie snacks. We’ve got 10 low calorie snacks that are sure to help you feel a little fuller for longer. Enjoy!
1. Spread 1 tablespoon natural peanut butter on 2 (3-inch) celery sticks, and top with 1 tablespoon raisins.
2. Sprinkle 3 tablespoons shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese on 1/2 whole wheat English muffin; top with 3 cherry tomatoes, cut in half. Broil or microwave to melt cheese.
3. Spread 2 tablespoons prepared hummus over 3 pieces whole wheat pitettes (mini pita bread).
4. Spread 2 teaspoons chocolate-hazelnut spread over 1 low-fat honey graham cracker sheet, and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon toasted wheat germ.
5. Top 1 (5.3-oz) nonfat vanilla Greek yogurt with 1/4 cup fresh blueberries.
6. Slice 1 small (2¾-inch) apple, and enjoy with 1 (0.75-oz) piece reduced-fat string cheese.
7. Combine 2 tablespoons raw almonds, 1 tablespoon dried cranberries and 1 teaspoon mini chocolate chips.
8. Cut 1 hard-boiled egg in half; mash yolk with 1/2 tablespoon light mayonnaise, 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard, and pepper and paprika to taste. Spoon yolk mixture into egg white halves.
9. Enjoy 1 oz baked tortilla chips with 1/4 cup salsa for dipping.
10. Blend 1/2 cup frozen strawberries with 1/2 cup light nonfat vanilla yogurt and 1/2 cup skim milk.
Check out the eMeals Low Calorie meal plan, which includes 7 simple and flavorful dinner recipes each week, all with less than 500 calories per serving.