The summertime barbecue season has arrived, and grilling isn’t just for meats! Try these fresh and healthy recipes for grilled vegetables and fruits at your next cookout. The best part? It makes clean eating over the 4th a breeze! First up on our list is Mexican Street Corn, but stay tuned for Grilled Romaine Lettuce Salad, Grilled Bruschetta, Balsamic and Ginger Glazed Plums, and Grilled Okra and Tomato Skewers.
This recipe is inspired by a popular snack sold from carts on the streets of Mexico. We hope your family likes the fresh taste.
- 6 ears corn, husks and silks removed
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 lime
- ¼ cup low fat sour cream
- Combine chili powder, salt, pepper, and garlic powder in a small bowl.
- Place corn on sprayed grill rack.
- Cover and cook 12 minutes over medium-high heat, turning occasionally.
- Squeeze juice from lime and mix with sour cream.
- Drizzle over corn and sprinkle with spice mixture.