If you have 10 minutes and a few simple ingredients, you are well on your way to a gourmet, satisfying dessert. This is a classic pairing of strawberries and balsamic that is sure to delight your inner foodie! This recipe is a classic example of something you would see on the eMeals dessert plan. Make sure you check it out for all your sweet needs this summer!
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 (16-oz) container fresh strawberries, sliced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil (optional)
- 2 cups vanilla frozen yogurt
- Combine vinegar and sugar in a small saucepan; bring to a boil
- Simmer 1 to 2 minutes; remove from heat, and let cool
- Toss sliced berries, basil and vinegar mixture in a bowl
- Cover and chill briefly until ready to serve
- Spoon ½ cup frozen yogurt into each of 4 dessert dishes; top evenly with strawberry mixture
This recipe serves 4.
What’s your favorite ice cream flavor?