What are your plans for the upcoming holiday? We hope you can enjoy the time with your family. Here are 5 tips for getting the most out of Halloween:
- Make a plan – Whether you are in your neighborhood or heading to a popular area for prime trick or treating, it helps to set expectations beforehand and make a plan. Keep in mind things like parking, walking distance, comfort level of your costume, and footwear.
- Take tons of pictures – Many years from now, everybody will want to see that great costume you put together.
- Limit the candy – Wanting to figure out a way to limit the pounds of candy your family will collect from trick or treating? Try to implement a barter system. Offer less chores, special activities, movie tickets, or anything else your loved ones cherish.
- Make it memorable at home – Not feeling up for a night out going door to door? Try to make a memorable experience at home that could include coloring, making your favorite treat, or find a game to play for all of the visitors.
- Give a time limit – Not sure how much candy to buy or how long to answer the door? Set a time, say 6 – 8 pm, that you will give out candy. This will help you buy enough candy, and those that reach your door in the last few minutes will really enjoy the handfuls of candy.
As a bonus for Halloween, feel free to use this Halloween printable. Click here to download.