Just because you’re on a budget doesn’t mean that you can’t host an awesome backyard barbecue. So fire up the grill and invite your neighbors to enjoy this fun and simple meal that won’t break the bank. We will be sharing a dish each day this week to round out your frugal barbecue.
First up on the menu, are our Pork and Veggie Skewers with Ranch Barbecue Sauce. These kabobs are fun to eat and come with a sweet sauce that will have everyone licking their fingers.
- 1 (18 ounce) bottle honey barbecue sauce
- 1 packet dry Ranch seasoning and dressing mix
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 2 pounds boneless pork loin, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 3 bell peppers (any color), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 small red onions, cut into wedges
- To make barbecue sauce, combine first four ingredients in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Simmer, stirring occasionally, 20 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Heat grill to medium-high heat.
- Thread pork and veggies onto skewers.
- Brush with oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Grill skewers over direct heat 12 to 14 minutes, turning to brown evenly. Brush with Ranch barbecue sauce during last 3 to 4 minutes of cooking.
- Serve with additional Ranch barbecue sauce for dipping.