The final recipe for our frugal BBQ is a delicious dessert that is sure to wow your crowd! This banana pudding gets a jump-start from instant pudding mix. Double the pudding to fill a trifle dish for an impressive presentation. It tastes just as good as it looks, we promise! It’s whipped, light and airy with hearty chunks of crunchy cookies & banana bites. So refreshing on hot days!
- 1 (5.1 ounce) box instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1¾ cup milk
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 box vanilla wafer cookies
- 4 ripe bananas, sliced
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed (optional)
- In a large bowl, whisk together vanilla pudding and milk for 2 minutes, or until slightly thickened.
- Whisk in sweetened condensed milk until combined.
- Add whipping cream and whisk until thick.
- Reserve 10 to 12 cookies for garnish.
- Layer about one-third of the banana slices and remaining cookies in the bottom of a serving dish.
- Cover with one-third of the pudding mixture.
- Repeat layers twice.
- Spread thawed whipped topping over top (if using).
- Crumble reserved cookies and sprinkle on top.
Make sure you also check out our Pork & Veggie Skewers with Ranch Barbecue Sauce & Easy Veggie Pasta Salad and make sure you let us know on our Facebook wall how your frugal BBQ goes!