This Monday, January 11, is the NCAA College Football Championship, and we’ve got a great recipe for you to make right in time for the game! These Miniature Taco Cups (from our Occasions plan) are the perfect two-bite appetizer for snacking, and are easy to transport if you’re traveling to a friend’s house to watch the game. And with less than 10 ingredients, they’re fast too! Just brown off the ground beef mixture, spoon it into the wonton cups, top with cheese, and bake ’em off. We guarantee they’ll be requested again and again.
What is the Occasions Plan?
Gathering with family and friends is one of life’s great joys, be it a festive fall harvest or special Christmas dinner. Whether you’re a first-time hostess or a confident cook, the eMeals Occasions Plan menus will be your go-to source for entertaining. New menus are sent to you every other week, and you’ll always have access to every previous menu right at your fingertips.
- 1½ lb ground chuck
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 (15-oz) can refried beans
- 1 (1-oz) pkg taco seasoning mix
- 1 (12-oz) pkg refrigerated wonton wrappers
- 2 (8-oz) pkg shredded fiesta blend cheese
- 1 (8-oz) carton sour cream
- 1 cup fresh salsa
- Preheat oven to 375°F; lightly grease 2 (12-cup) muffin pans.
- Cook ground chuck and onion in a large skillet over medium heat until beef is browned and crumbly; drain. Stir in refried beans, taco seasoning mix, and ¼ cup water; bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes or until thickened.
- Line muffin cups with wonton wrappers; top each with 1 Tbsp meat mixture and 1 Tbsp cheese. Lightly press down and place a second wonton wrapper over cheese. Top with 1 Tbsp meat mixture and 1 Tbsp cheese.
- Bake 15 minutes or until edges of wontons are browned and crisp. Top with sour cream and salsa.