eMeals‘ new breakfast plan will be launching soon! We listened to requests from you and tried to tailor our breakfast meal plan to fit what you wanted….healthy, simple, and quick to prepare. You can see an example of what the recipes on our breakfast meal plan look like here as well as checking out our recipes for To Go Breakfast Wraps and Paleo Green Smoothies.
Enjoy these muffins warm and toasty the morning of or you can make them ahead! Muffins may be baked ahead & frozen. Wrap cooled muffins individually in plastic wrap, and freeze in zip-top plastic bags. Thaw at room temperature about 2 hours, or microwave 30 seconds.
- 1¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 1 egg
- 1 cup mashed banana
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped toasted walnuts, optional
- Peanut butter for serving, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Whisk together both flours, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl. Combine sugar and oil in a separate bowl, and beat at medium speed with electric mixer until smooth. Add egg, and beat until light in color. Add flour mixture alternately with banana, blending well after each addition. Stir in vanilla and nuts, if using.
- Scoop batter evenly into muffin cups coated with cooking spray. Bake 18-20 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool completely on wire racks.
- If desired, spread desired amount of peanut butter on muffins for serving.
What do you usually eat for breakfast?