A couple of weeks ago we asked our readers to share fun food facts they may have with our E-Mealz friends. I am proud to say that we definitely have some “foodies” in our audience. Foodies not only love food but they are interested in every aspect of it. Thank you for sharing all of your favorite fun food facts and here are the top ten from last couple of weeks. Enjoy!
Our Foodies Facts:
1. Raw vegetables have a higher nutrient value than cooked.
2.The smaller the berry, the sweeter its taste.
3. Extremely large apples and oranges are increased in size due to added water volume, instead of fruit substance. This is a technique used by farmers to produce bigger fruit for more consumer appeal.
4. A well-done steak contains higher levels of carcinogens than a medium-done or rare steak.
5. Honey is the only food that cannot spoil.
6. Apples are more effective at keeping people awake in the morning than caffeine.
7. The reason some canned soups have a better taste than others is they contain a lot of sugar.
8. Store bananas in the refrigerator to prevent browning.
9 Spinach is one of the highest-ranking vegetables for antioxidant capacity.
10. Diet Soda has been proven to increase hunger and not help in weight loss.
We would love to hear from our readers with any interesting food facts you may have to share. You may post a comment or send me your food fact to firstname.lastname@example.org.