We love football here at eMeals (we are based in Alabama, after all!), but what we really love about the Super Bowl is the food. Here’s a low-budget, high-flavor recipe to help you throw a winning Super Bowl party without breaking the bank.
This dip is a fun new twist on traditional spinach dip. Add crispy bacon to elevate this creamy dip from the regular season to Super Bowl-worthy.
- 10 slices bacon
- 11/2 cups freshly grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- ½ cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 8 oz container sour cream
- 8 oz container chive and onion cream cheese spread
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 16 oz package frozen chopped collard greens, thawed and squeezed dry
- 14 oz can quartered artichoke hearts, drained
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook bacon in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat 6 to 8 minutes or until crisp; drain and crumble.
- Combine 1 cup Parmesan cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream, cream cheese spread, hot sauce and garlic in a large bowl; stir until well blended. Stir in greens, artichoke hearts and half of bacon.
- Transfer to an 11×7-inch baking dish. Sprinkle evenly with remaining ½ cup Parmesan cheese.
- Bake 30 minutes or until bubbly and browned. Sprinkle with remaining bacon. Serve with crackers, pita chips or baguette.
What recipes are you making for the Super Bowl? We’d love to hear!