Say goodbye to overcast skies and dreary days with this fresh, spring-worthy recipe that’s perfect for families. The recipe utilizes store-bought pesto sauce for a seriously fast dinner you can make any night of the week.
Related Recipe: Easy Cheater’s Lasagna
The entire recipe comes together in about 30 minutes. You can prep the chicken while the pasta water comes to a boil. Multitask by popping some French bread into the oven to warm, and you can have dinner on the table in no time.
If you’re cooking for little ones, feel free to omit the crushed red pepper. We used regular linguine, but you could easily sub gluten-free pasta to make this recipe gluten-free friendly.
Want more easy recipes that are family friendly too? Try our Kid-Friendly meal plan. Our free 14-day trial is risk free!
- 1 (16-oz) box linguine
- 11/2 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tsp kosher salt, ½ tsp seasoned pepper
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 1 (10-oz) jar basil pesto
- ¼ tsp crushed red pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, cut chicken into bite-size pieces; sprinkle with salt and seasoned pepper.
- Heat 2 Tbsp oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.Add chicken; sauté 7 to 10 minutes or until chicken is done. Remove chicken from skillet.
- Add remaining 1 Tbsp oil and tomatoes to drippings in skillet; cook 6 to 8 minutes or until tomatoes soften and burst. Return chicken to skillet; stir in pesto and crushed red pepper. Cook 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Toss together hot cooked pasta and chicken mixture until well blended.