Tomorrow, those of you with our Paleo Meal Plan will see this Chicken Sausage with Pineapple and Avocado popping up in your inbox or eMeals app. That’s right, you’ve got an advanced visual of what this yummy dish will look like! Enjoy this feast for the eyes first, then serve it on a plate to delight your family. Pair this sautéed sausage-and-onion dish with a light spinach salad.
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, divided
- 2 (12- to 14-oz) packages Italian chicken sausage, sliced ½-inch-thick
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups cubed pineapple
- 1 large ripe avocado, diced
- Melt 1 tablespoon coconut oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add sausage; cook 6 to 8 minutes or until browned.
- Remove sausage from skillet, reserving drippings in pan.
- Melt remaining 1 tablespoon oil in skillet. Add onion and salt; cook 5 minutes.
- Add sausage and pineapple; cook 2 to 3 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Stir in avocado before serving.
Our Paleo meal plan writer and Food and Wine expert, Scott Jones, shot this photo after he tested the recipe. If you want to check out our Paleo Meal Plan and join in on the paleolithic craze, be our guest!