The eMeals dessert plan is the perfect compliment to our over 50 dinner meal plans! If you sign up for our dessert plan, you will receive 3 indulgent dessert ideas every week including a mix of Crowd Pleasers, Quick & Easy options, and Skinny Sweets. This variety of sweet endings will fit the bill for weeknight desserts, casual entertaining and healthy treats, too.
This quick bread recipe sneaks shredded zucchini into a moist chocolate loaf. This recipe comes from our fabulous dessert plan! We have it classified as a “Skinny Sweet.” And, who can’t get behind that?!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablesppons unsweetened baking cocoa
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- 1¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup light sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1½ cups grated zucchini, pressed between paper towels
- ½ cup milk chocolate chips
- ¼ cup turbinado (raw) sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease an 8x4 or 9x5-inch loaf pan with shortening; dust with flour.
- Stir together flour, cocoa, baking soda, 1 teaspoon cinnamon and salt in a bowl.
- Beat brown sugar, oil and eggs at medium speed with an electric mixer until light, about 2 minutes.
- Add flour mixture alternately with sour cream and vanilla, beating on low speed until
- Fold in zucchini and chocolate chips until blended.
- Spoon batter into loaf pan.
- Combine turbinado sugar and remaining ¼ teaspoon cinnamon; sprinkle over loaf. Bake 45 to 55 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean; cool 10 minutes.
- Run knife around edge of pan; invert loaf onto a cooling rack.
- Serve slightly warm or cool completely.
- Thinly slice to serve using a serrated knife.
Who knew your kids could get their vegetables from dessert?