The dough for these bar cookies takes about 5 minutes to stir together. No mixer is needed. If desired, cut the baked buttery bars into bite-size squares and package them for gift giving.
Christmas Cookies: Cranberry-White Chocolate Bars
- 2 large eggs
- ½ teaspoon almond extract (or substitute vanilla extract)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 11/4 cups fresh or frozen (thawed) cranberries, coarsely chopped
- 1 (11-oz) bag white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk together eggs and almond extract in a mixing bowl until blended.
- Gradually add sugar, beating until blended and pale.
- Stir in flour, salt and melted butter until blended.
- Gently stir in cranberries and white chocolate chips just until blended.
- Spread dough in a lightly greased 8-inch square pan.
- Bake 38 to 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool and cut into bars. Makes 20 bars.
Have you checked out the new eMeals Dessert Plan yet? Receive 3 indulgent dessert ideas every week including a mix of Crowd Pleasers, Quick & Easy options, and Skinny Sweets. Click the link to download a free sample, and let us know what you think!