Need a show-stopping dessert for your Christmas gathering? We’ve got you covered with this stunning and festive red velvet sheet cake. It stays really moist, thanks to the secret ingredient that gets poured over the cake after it’s baked. It’s best served well chilled.
- 16.5 oz box Red Velvet cake mix
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 14 oz container whipped cream cheese frosting (or substitute thawed whipped topping)
- 12 red creme-filled chocolate sandwich cookies, coarsely crushed
- Prepare and bake cake mix according to package directions for 13x9-inch pan, adding vanilla to the batter. Cool completely.
- Using the handle of a small wooden spoon, poke deep holes all over cake. Slowly pour condensed milk all over cake, coaxing milk into holes. Loosely cover and briefly freeze cake, if desired (this makes frosting the cake neat and easy).
- Frost cake. Top with crushed cookies. Store in refrigerator. Makes 15 servings.
- Note: Garnish the cake with flaked coconut instead of crushed cookies, if desired.
Check out the new eMeals Dessert Plan for three indulgent dessert ideas every week.