With a chocolate crust, brownie-like texture, and crunchy pecan topping, this rich take on a favorite holiday pie is a chocolate loverâ€™s dream. Do you know what you are making for dessert this Thanksgiving or for the whole meal?! If not, take advantage of eMeals‘ free holiday meal plan. All new signups receive the holiday meal plan for free. You can choose if you want a Classic, Paleo, or Clean Eating Plan.
- 2 cups chocolate teddy bear-shaped cookies
- ⅓ cup butter, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 1 oz unsweetened baking chocolate, melted
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup pecan halves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Finely crush cookies to yield about 11/2 cups; stir in ⅓ cup melted butter. Spoon mixture into a 9-inch pie plate, pressing firmly. Bake 6 to 8 minutes; let cool.
- Combine sugar and eggs in a large bowl, whisking until well blended. Stir in ½ cup melted butter, unsweetened chocolate, cornstarch and vanilla. Add chocolate chips and pecans, stirring until blended.
- Pour mixture into prepared crust. Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until set, shielding edges with aluminum foil during last 10 minutes or baking if necessary. Cool on a wire rack.