What screams summer more than a fresh, juicy watermelon? Reaching peak season in July and August, this sweet melon delivers more than just flavor. Watermelon is 92% water, making it the perfect snack for staying hydrated during the hot summer months, plus it’s high in Vitamins A and C.
With only five ingredients, this salad delivers the fresh flavors of summer with ease. Serve alongside grilled chicken or shrimp for a light summer meal.
- 5 oz package fresh baby arugula
- 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar (or sub white wine vinegar)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt, ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups diced seedless watermelon
- 4 oz goat cheese, crumbled
- Place arugula in a large bowl. Drizzle with vinegar and olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, and toss to coat.
- Top with watermelon and goat cheese, and serve immediately. Makes 6 servings.
- Nutrition Information (per serving): CALORIES 128; FAT 9g (SAT 3.5g); PROTEIN 4.7g; CARB 9g; FIBER 0.8g; CHOL 9mg; SODIUM 174mg
Nutrition Information (per serving): CALORIES 128; FAT 9g (SAT 3.5g); PROTEIN 4.7g; CARB 9g; FIBER 0.8g; CHOL 9mg; SODIUM 174mg