Many of you have shown interest in this series of clean eating sides for your July 4th cookouts. We’re excited to show you our second recipe. Make sure if you missed our Mexican Street Corn that you check it out.
Grilling adds a smoky flavor to this quick and healthy salad. Be sure to get the lettuce dry before grilling to prevent it from becoming soggy.
- 2 romaine lettuce hearts, halved lengthwise
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon minced garlic
- ¼ teaspoon sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup halved cherry tomatoes
- ¼ cup shaved Parmesan cheese
- Pat lettuce dry. Brush lettuce and grill rack with 1 tablespoon oil.
- Place romaine halves, cut sides down, on grill.
- Cook uncovered 2 to 3 minutes over medium-high heat.
- Whisk together lemon juice, remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, garlic, sugar, salt, and pepper.
- Place romaine and cherry tomatoes on plate, and drizzle with dressing. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over salads, and serve immediately.