With summer right around the corner, everyone is trying to watch what they’re eating and make wiser lifestyle choices in general. What if we told you you could enjoy this frothy, chilled milkshake and keep it natural? Oh, yes, that’s right everything in this recipe is real food and is therefore clean eating approved!
We are big fans of coconut around here, so anytime we see a recipe to test out that includes that yummy ingredient, we are all in! Coconut has been shown to help prevent obesity by revving up the metabolism and has no trans-fats, is gluten-free, antibacterial, antiviral, anti-fungal, hypoallergenic and boosts your immune system! Talk about a powerhouse. We really like the fact that coconut is high in fiber and reduces sweet cravings as well to help us get ready for our swimsuit bodies.
Grab a glass, a blender and a few ingredients and you’ll be well on your way to slurping up this delicious treat!
- 1 cup fresh or frozen coconut meat
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1.5 cup light coconut milk
- 1 ripe frozen banana
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons raw honey (sweeten to taste)
- Ice cubes
- Whipped Cream (optional topping)
- 1 Tablespoon toasted coconut flakes
- Combine coconut meat, lemon juice, coconut milk, banana, vanilla, honey, and ice cubes in a blender; pulse until smooth.
- Top with whipped cream & toasted coconut flakes if desired.