There are SO many things to love about this salad. It’s clean eating friendly, comes together simply, and can be made up to two days in advance for easy prep ahead for your week. This recipe comes together simply with microwaveable packets of rice and simple, clean ingredients. We recommend you enjoy this colorful dish as a side dish, as a hearty lunch, or even a filling snack.
We made this recipe in our test kitchen and were amazed at how good it was. The dried cranberries were a nice sweet touch to the otherwise salty dish. This dish also packs a healthy crunch with celery, pecans and green onions.
We created this recipe for our Clean Eating Challenge Jump Start Guide, which is FREE and can be downloaded here. If you’re looking for more delicious Clean Eating approved recipes, make sure you check out the eMeals Clean Eating Meal Plan!
- 2 (8.5 oz) packages microwaveable brown and wild rice
- 1½ cups frozen shelled edamame
- ⅓ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup chopped pecans, toasted (optional)
- 2 stalks celery, finely diced
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Cook rice and edamame according to package directions.
- Combine rice, edamame, cranberries, pecans, celery and green onions in a large bowl.
- Whisk together orange juice, vinegar, oil, honey, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Pour dressing over rice mixture, tossing to coat.
- Pack desired amount of salad in each of 4 containers.
- Note: Make this salad up to 2 days in advance