Looking for a great steak recipe to enjoy this summer? Try this Flank Steak with Olive-and-Caper Relish from our Clean Eating meal plan. Great for a summer day with friends and family, it’s ready in about 35 minutes pairs with just about everything.
The olive-caper relish topping is the perfect accompaniment to strips of flank steak. We grilled our steak to around medium doneness, but you can feel free to grill it more or less to suit your preference. Cook some grape tomatoes in a grill basket and toss them with a brown rice-quinoa pilaf for a delicious side dish. For more fresh recipes utilizing minimally processed foods, check out our Clean Eating meal plan.
- 2 lb flank steak, trimmed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- ½ teaspoon salt, ½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 large red onion, cut into ¼-inch-thick slices
- ½ cup chopped pimiento-stuffed green olives
- 2 tablespoons capers
- Grated rind and juice from 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Rub steak with 1 tablespoon oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Grill steak and onion, covered with grill lid, 5 to 6 minutes per side or until to desired doneness for steak and onion is tender. Let steak stand 10 minutes before thinly slicing across the grain.
- Chop onion, and stir together with olives, capers, lemon rind, lemon juice, oregano and remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil. Serve relish over steak.
This Clean Eating Flank Steak recipe is sure to delight! Enjoy.