Many of you have your children at home this summer, and making a fun activity out of creating lunch is¬†a necessity. Why not gather the¬†kids for some hands-on kitchen help when putting together this simple clean eating chicken salad¬†from our Lunch plan? Depending on the age of your children, you can direct them to¬†some of these “little chef” jobs for this recipe:
- Measure out ingredients.
- Roll the lemon on the counter (which helps release more juice).
- Peel and grate the cucumber.
- Wash and dry the spinach.
- Chop the rotisserie chicken.
- Split the pita rounds.
- Slice the tomatoes.
- Stir all the ingredients together.
- Spoon the chicken mixture into the pitas.
Chances are, your children will love being involved with the meals they prepare and feel more ownership over the recipe. This is a great time to explain how¬†each task is important in creating this yummy meal you can all enjoy together.
- ½ cup 2% reduced-fat plain Greek yogurt
- ⅓ grated (peeled and seeded) cucumber
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1½ cups chopped deli rotisserie chicken
- 4 whole-wheat mini pita rounds, split
- ½ cup baby spinach
- 2 plum tomatoes, sliced
- Stir together yogurt, cucumber, lemon juice, salt and garlic in a large bowl.
- Add chicken, and stir to coat.
- Fill pitas evenly with chicken mixture, spinach and tomato slices.
Get our lunch meal plan here!