A whole wheat crust, honey and cinnamon lend warm flavor notes to this simple tart from our Clean Eating Holiday Menu. Happy Holidays from eMeals! What is your favorite holiday recipe? Share it with us on Facebook.
Clean Eating Holiday Menu: Toasted Pecan Tart
- 1 frozen whole wheat pie crust
- ½ cup honey
- 3 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups toasted pecan halves
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Prebake pie crust 10 minutes; cool.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees.
- Combine honey, egg whites, butter, vanilla and cinnamon; stir well with a whisk. Stir in pecans. Pour into pie crust.
- Bake 45 minutes or until golden brown and center is set. Cool completely on a wire rack.