Whether your summer is done or just winding down, there’s always time to sneak in one last recipe on the grill. Why not try something new, like these Lamb Burgers with a delicious mint-caper mayonnaise from our Clean Eating plan? Superfast to prep and a flash to cook, they’ll make a fun addition to your outdoor cooking repertoire. Add some whole-wheat pitas and baby arugula for a complete main dish. Serve with a quick tossed salad for a fun new meal worthy of a weeknight or a weekend, no matter the time of year.
Interested in more recipes from our Clean Eating meal plan? Click here!
- 2 lb lean ground lamb
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano (or use 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano)
- ½ teaspoon salt, ½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- ¼ cup reduced-fat olive oil mayonnaise
- ¼ cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 6 (1-oz) mini whole wheat pitas, cut in half
- 3 cups baby arugula (or use baby spinach)
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Combine ground lamb, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper in a medium bowl; shape mixture into 12 (1/4-inch-thick) patties.
- Grill patties, covered with grill lid, 2 to 3 minutes per side or until no longer pink; keep warm.
- Meanwhile, combine mayonnaise, sour cream, capers, mint and lemon rind in a small bowl.
- Divide patties among pita halves; fill pitas with arugula and mint-caper mayonnaise.