Looking for ways to repurpose dinner leftovers? Try packing a Mason jar salad – it’s sure to make leftovers much more exciting. Layer this salad in mason jars for a fresh, packable, lunch that’s just as quick and easy as a PB&J but with a lot more flavor and nutrition!
This recipe for Greek Chicken Salad is from the eMeals’ Clean Eating Meal Plan.
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 6 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, divided
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cucumber, cubed
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Marinate chicken in ¼ cup balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper to taste for 1 hour.
- Grill over medium heat for 10 minutes per side. Cool and cut into cubes.
- Combine chicken, cucumber, tomatoes, bell pepper, onion and feta in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together thyme, olive oil, 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Drizzle dressing over salad, and toss to combine.
When you are ready to pack this recipe for lunch in your mason jar, just follow the steps below:
- Place 1 T olive oil, ½ T balsamic vinegar, a dash of salt and pepper, and ¼ t fresh thyme in the bottom of 4 mason jars.
- Divide the salad ingredients into 4 equal portions, and layer in the mason jars in the following order: tomato, red onion, cucumber, red bell pepper, chicken, and feta.
- Screw the top into place, and pack your lunch in 1 neat container! When lunchtime arrives, simply shake the jar before opening to disperse the dressing.
Do you need help packing lunch? Try out the eMeals Lunch Meal Plan for 5 lunch recipes along with a grocery list to come to the rescue!
Nutrition Information (per serving): Calories: 380, Total Fat: 21 g, Saturated Fat: 5.4 g, Cholesterol: 98 mg, Sodium: 660 mg, Total Carbohydrates: 15 g, Dietary Fiber: 3 g, Sugars: 10 g, Protein: 32 g