This salad from our Clean Eating Meal Plan combines some of our favorite foods (quinoa, goat cheese, and of course, bacon) in one easy, satisfying meal. This photo was submitted via Instagram by @lowekated. Connect with us via Twitter and Instagram, and submit your photos of eMeals recipes to email@example.com. We just might feature you on our blog!
- ½ cup quinoa
- 2 ears corn
- 2 cups loosely packed fresh arugula
- ¼ cup crumbled goat cheese
- 4 slices center cut bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- Cook quinoa according to package directions; cool.
- Fill a medium saucepan with 4 inches water. Bring to a boil over high heat. Shuck and clean corn; add to boiling water. Cook 7 minutes; remove from saucepan. Cool; cut kernels from ears.
- In a large bowl, combine cooked quinoa, corn kernels, arugula, goat cheese and bacon; toss. Add olive oil, salt and pepper; toss gently to combine.
Nutrition Information (per serving): Calories: 270, Total Fat: 15 g, Saturated Fat: 5 g, Cholesterol: 20 mg, Sodium: 290 mg, Total Carbohydrates: 26 g, Dietary Fiber: 2 g, Sugars: 3 g, Protein: 10 g
Did you know that the Clean Eating meal plan is one of our most popular plans? eMeals simplifies clean eating, providing you with seven dinner recipes and a shopping list each week. Download a sample plan and try it today.