Oatmeal is a filling and nutritious breakfast to keep your kids energized and alert at school. And it’s not just a cold weather food! Try this no-cook cold version, and stock your fridge with easy, grab-and-go breakfasts for those crazy weekday mornings. The flavor combinations are endless, so try our cinnamon spice version, or create your own using whatever fruits, extracts, syrups, or nut butters your family enjoys. We recommend using half-pint mason jars with plastic screw-on lids for easy transport.
- ⅓ cup milk
- ¼ cup old fashioned rolled oats
- ¼ cup 2% plain Greek yogurt
- 1 ½ teaspoons dried chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon honey or agave nectar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ - ½ cup unsweetened applesauce or pumpkin puree
- Place first six ingredients in a half-pint jar. Tightly screw lid onto jar, and shake to combine. Remove top, add applesauce or pumpkin puree, and stir well. Refrigerate overnight, or up to 3 days.
Check out these other grab ‘n go breakfasts such as Oatmeal Bars & Breakfast Wraps. What is your favorite grab’n go breakfast?
eMeals is launching a new breakfast plan soon, but until then check out our lunch and dinner meal plans.