What is it about summer that makes you want to put your toes in the sand, bask in the warm summer glow and slurp up some delicious seafood? It’s probably the fact that summer makes us all feel a little more footloose and fancy free! We hope that’s the emotional pull you feel when creating this delicious Clean Eating Shrimp Roll. It packs some serious flavor combinations that are not to be missed!
You’ll want to purchase wild-caught shrimp for this beachy summer salad. Refrigerate the shrimp salad until well chilled. It’s equally as good if you choose to skip the bun.
- 1½ lb peeled and deveined cooked large shrimp, coarsely chopped
- ⅓ cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- ¼ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ cup chopped celery
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon salt, ½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 6 whole wheat hoagie rolls
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 cups baby arugula or spinach (optional)
- Combine shrimp, mayonnaise, yogurt, lemon juice, celery, parsley, paprika, salt and pepper in a medium bowl; refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Cut a slit into the center of each hoagie roll; brush cut sides with butter.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat; add hoagie rolls, cut sides down, to skillet.
- Cook 2 minutes or until hoagie rolls are toasted.
- Fill each hoagie roll with shrimp salad; top with arugula, if desired.
If you struggle with figuring out how to get Clean Eating recipes, meal plans and grocery lists pulled together, our Clean Eating meal plans are the way to go! Check out all our Clean Eating options here.