Try this new spin on traditional stewed okra and tomatoes for a tasty, vitamin-packed side dish. This is the last of our clean eating sides recipes and ideas for your BBQ this summer. Don’t forget you can also make Mexican Street Corn, Grilled Romaine Lettuce, Grilled Bruschetta & Balsamic & Ginger Glazed Plums.
- ½ pound okra pods, trimmed
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ground red pepper
- Pinch sugar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Thread okra and cherry tomatoes alternatively on metal skewers.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a small bowl, and brush evenly on vegetables.
- Place skewers on grill rack coated with cooking spray and grill uncovered over medium-high heat for 5 to 6 minutes, turning halfway through cooking time.
If you make any of these sides on July 4th or any other time this summer, we’d love for you to share photos on our Facebook wall!