Today we are welcoming one of our partners to share a recipe with you. Melissa is the creator behind the blog My Whole Food Life. Her blog features healthy vegan recipes. Mostly desserts, with a little savory mixed in. She has been working on a cookbook called DIY Nut Butters, Nut Milks and More due out in December 2014. She lives in Dallas with her husband and two young daughters.
Hi! My name is Melissa from My Whole Food Life. I am thrilled to be able to guest post on eMeals. I wanted to share one of my most favorite breakfast recipes. Overnight oats. We all have very busy lives and this recipe is perfect for that. It requires no cooking and it also travels well. You can even take them to work with you. This Coconut Strawberry Overnight Oats is one of my favorites. It’s perfect for summer since berries are so juicy and ripe this time of year.
For the jars, I use 12 ounce mason jars, but you can really use any container you like. Recycled peanut butter, jam or pickle jars work great too. This is a breakfast that will keep you full until lunch. I hope you enjoy.
- ½ cup rolled oats or steel cut oats
- ½ cup milk of choice (I use almond milk)
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened shredded coconut
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons chia seeds
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup or 1 chopped date
- 2-3 strawberries sliced
- Mix everything in a jar, cover and store in the fridge overnight.
- If the mixture seems a little thick in the morning, you can add a little extra milk.
- I eat mine cold, but you can warm them up in the morning if you prefer.
Recipe serves 1.
What is your favorite overnight oats combination?