Here are some of my favorite cooking tips sent in by our readers. Thanks so much for sharing. I have been cooking for over 20 years and I still love getting new tips on ways to do things in the kitchen. A successful day in the kitchen makes for a happy cook. A successfully easy day in the kitchen makes for an even happier cook! So take what our readers have shared with me and use it to become successfully happier in your kitchen. Enjoy!
1. After stewing a chicken, cool in broth before cutting into chunks, it will have twice the flavor.
2. To slice meat into thin strips for stir-fry dishes, partially freeze it so it will slice more easily.
3. If your gravy is too salty, add some mashed potatoes to repair the damage. Then add a little more liquid to gain desire consistency.
4. Let raw potatoes stand in cold water before frying. This will make your fries crispier.
5. Add milk to boiling water to maintain the white color of cauliflower.
6. Use greased muffin tins as molds when baking stuffed green peppers.
7. To ripen tomatoes, put them in a brown paper bag in a dark pantry and they will ripen overnight and be ready to use.
8. When cooking pancakes, use a small amount of sugar in the batter and they will brown quicker.
9. When boiling an egg, add some vinegar or a little salt to the boiling water and it will keep the shells from cracking.
10. Salt chicken 30 minutes prior to cooking and it will make the chicken tastier and more tender.
Image via Diabetic Cookbook Blog