Do you like the taste of delectable Starbucks drinks, but don’t like the hefty price tag that comes with them? This recipe is for you then! It’s rich and velvety and the perfect Christmas time treat to warm you up when it gets chilly outside. The peppermint and dark chocolate blend together to make the perfect combination to soothe your taste buds with rich caffeinated goodness.
This would make for a great surprise for your relatives or special someone on Christmas morning or on Christmas Eve! If you want to make it extra special make peppermint coated coffee cup rims! Let this become part of a new tradition and enjoy the delicious blend of caffeinated goodness.
How To Make Peppermint-Coated Coffee Cup Rims: Moisten rim of coffee cup with wet paper towel, then dip rim in crushed candy canes on a sheet of wax paper. Let stand inverted on wax paper until ready to fill with coffee and serve.
- 2 tablespoons dark chocolate syrup
- 2 drops peppermint extract or 2 tablespoons peppermint syrup
- ½ cup strong brewed coffee
- ⅓ cup milk
- Optional garnish: dark chocolate shavings, miniature candy canes, whipped cream, cocoa powder, crushed peppermint patty candies
- Place chocolate syrup and peppermint extract or syrup in a large coffee mug. Add coffee, and stir until combined. Add milk and stir. Garnish, if desired.
Share this on Pinterest and then come follow us!