Are you looking for a way to organize your recipes? Take this adorable recipe box DIY project and make a pretty box to house all your recipes in your kitchen in a simple and fun way. We’ve provided the free printables to get you on the right track. This is a great tool for newlyweds who need a way to get their recipes gathered together and haven’t found a good system yet. This could also make a delightful gift for a new bride at a shower. Let your creative juices flow and enjoy making this beautiful and functional piece!
• Box of your choosing (mine was on old cigar box)
• Spray paint
• Scrapbook paper for tabs or card stock for free printable tabs and cards (see below)
• Modge Podge or glue
• Index cards (mine were 4×6)
• Spray paint the cigar box and let it dry while making the other parts
• Cut out circles from scrapbook paper to make the recipe card tabs.
(Mine were circles (size 1.5′) but they can be any shape…or use the free printable tabs (see below).
• Glue tabs on the back of recipe cards with only the top half showing to create tab
• Put the tabbed cards and the remainder of index cards in the recipe box.
• Print the “Recipe” and “What’s for Dinner?” cards (see below) and glue them on the (now dry) painted cigar box.
• For best results print the free printable tabs and cards on card stock.