Microwave Caramel Corn is one of our new favorite simple desserts! The microwave makes this caramel corn recipe so easy. Marshmallows are the secret ingredient that melt and add the yum factor. Be sure to use plain popcorn, and store this treat in an airtight container. This recipe is a sample of what you’ll find on our dessert menus.
The eMeals dessert plan is the perfect compliment to our over 50 dinner meal plans! If you sign up for our dessert plan, you will receive 3 indulgent dessert ideas every week including a mix of Crowd Pleasers, Quick & Easy options, and Skinny Sweets. This variety of sweet endings will fit the bill for weeknight desserts, casual entertaining and healthy treats, too.
- ½ cup butter
- 10 large marshmallows
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 (3.5-oz) bag natural (plain) microwave popcorn, popped
- Combine butter, marshmallows and brown sugar in a large microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave on High 1½ to 2 minutes until butter and marshmallows are melted; stir until smooth.
- Microwave 2 to 3 minutes longer or until mixture comes to a full boil.
- Gently stir in popped popcorn, coating well.
- Spread popcorn in an even layer on wax paper to cool and harden.
- Makes about 10 cups.
We love any kind of microwave dessert! Easy and quick, just what you need in a pinch! What’s your favorite flavor of popcorn?