If you subscribe to one of our meal plans, you might see this recipe pop up in your inbox this week. A family favorite, Crispy Chicken Parmesan is a quick and easy recipe to keep in your arsenal. Kid-friendly and busy parent approved, it’s a great recipe for any day of the week. Steam some broccoli while you boil the pasta for a quick green side dish. Toss some garlic bread into the oven, and you can have a crowd-pleasing meal on the dinner table in about 30 minutes.
Presliced mozzarella cheese makes the prep work fast and easy, but feel free to use fresh mozzarella and slice it if you prefer. An extra sprinkling of Parmesan cheese and salt and pepper finish the dish off with flair.
Store-bought jarred pasta sauce is one of our favorite convenience items. The quality of sauces can vary, but you can find some really wonderful jarred sauces that save you the time of making it by hand. We suggest using one with lower sodium, such as Amy’s Light in Sodium pasta sauces.
- 1 (13- or 14-oz) box multigrain thin spaghetti (or other pasta)
- 6 boneless chicken cutlets (13/4 lb)
- 1 tsp salt, ½ tsp pepper
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup Italian-seasoned or plain panko breadcrumbs
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese (or more)
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 (24-oz) jar pasta sauce
- 6 slices mozzarella cheese (from 8-oz pkg sliced)
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
- Place eggs in a shallow dish; combine breadcrumbs and cheese in another dish. Dip chicken in egg; dip in breadcrumb mixture, pressing to adhere.
- Heat 2 Tbsp oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add half of chicken. Cook 3 to 4 minutes per side; remove from skillet, and repeat with remaining oil and chicken. Reduce heat to low; pour half of pasta sauce into skillet.
- Return chicken to skillet, overlapping to fit. Top with mozzarella; pour remaining pasta sauce around chicken. Cook 3 to 4 minutes or until done; serve over hot cooked pasta.
Curious what else we have cooking? Check out our range of meal plans—everything from Low Calorie, Paleo, Classic, and Clean Eating—and find out how eMeals can help streamline your dinners and grocery shopping experience. We even have a free 14-day trial! Already a fan of eMeals? Tag us with #eMealsEats in your Facebook posts, Pins, tweets, and Instagrams and show us what you’re cooking!