The Low Country Boil
eMeals Plan: Entree
- 5 lb bag red potatoes, washed
- 3 Vidalia onions, cut into quarters
- 2-16 oz pkgs kielbasa, cut into 2″ pieces
- 1 pkt shrimp/crab boil seasonings
- 6 ears fresh corn on the cob, shucked, cut in half
- 3 lbs fresh shrimp, with shells
- Cocktail sauce
- Sour Cream
- In a very deep stock-pot, fill halfway with water.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add potatoes and onion.
- Boil for 15 minutes.
- Add kielbasa, crab/shrimp seasoning packet and corn on the cob.
- Continue boiling for 10 more minutes.
- Just before serving, toss in the raw shrimp and boil for 3-5 minutes.
- Don’t overcook in the shrimp!
- Drain out all the water.
- Dump contents of pot in a large pan OR on a picnic table covered in butcher paper.
- Discard the season packet.
- Have plenty of butter, sour cream, cocktail sauce and salt/pepper to garnish with.
Recipe by The eMeals Blog at http://blog.emeals.com/the-low-country-boil-from-our-vacation-plan/