Snickerdoodle Ice Cream Sandwich
eMeals Plan: Dessert
- ½ c butter, softened
- 1 c + 2 T sugar
- ¼ t baking soda
- ¼ t cream of tartar
- 1 egg
- ½ t vanilla
- 1½ c all-purpose flour
- 1 t ground cinnamon
- Ice cream
- Caramel sauce (Optional)
- In a med mixing blowl, beat butter with an electric mixer on med for 30 seconds.
- Add 1 c sugar, baking soda, and cream of tartar.
- Beat until combined, scraping sides of bowl occasionally.
- Beat in egg & vanilla until combined.
- Beat in as much of the flour as possible with the mixer.
- Stir in any remaining flour.
- Cover & chill dough for about an hour.
- Combine the 2 T sugar & the cinnamon.
- Roll dough into 1 inch balls.
- Cover dough balls in cinnamon-sugar to coat.
- Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake in oven at 375 for 10 min until edges are golden.
- Transfer to wire rack & let cool.
- Take two cookies and sandwich ice cream between the two.
- You can also serve extra ice cream on the side & drizzle w/ caramel.
Recipe by The eMeals Blog at http://blog.emeals.com/snickerdoodle-ice-cream-sandwich/