Pork and Veggie Skewers with Ranch Barbecue Sauce
- 1 (18 ounce) bottle honey barbecue sauce
- 1 packet dry Ranch seasoning and dressing mix
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 2 pounds boneless pork loin, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 3 bell peppers (any color), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 small red onions, cut into wedges
- To make barbecue sauce, combine first four ingredients in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Simmer, stirring occasionally, 20 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Heat grill to medium-high heat.
- Thread pork and veggies onto skewers.
- Brush with oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Grill skewers over direct heat 12 to 14 minutes, turning to brown evenly. Brush with Ranch barbecue sauce during last 3 to 4 minutes of cooking.
- Serve with additional Ranch barbecue sauce for dipping.
Recipe by The eMeals Blog at http://blog.emeals.com/barbecue-on-a-budget/