- 1 ½ pounds tomatoes, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup fresh basil chiffonade*
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 (1 lb) loaf French bread, cut into ½-inch-thick slices
- Combine tomatoes, garlic, 1 tablespoon oil, vinegar, basil, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl.
- Cover and chill at least 1 hour.
- Brush bread slices and grill rack with 1 tablespoon oil.
- Grill bread over medium heat 2 minutes on each side, or until browned.
- Top with tomato mixture and serve immediately.
- *Chiffonade is a cutting technique often used for basil, mint, and greens. To cut a chiffonade, stack leaves of basil neatly, and roll tightly lengthwise. Use a very sharp knife to create thin slices.
Recipe by The eMeals Blog at http://blog.emeals.com/clean-eating-bbq-sides-grilled-bruschetta/