Chocolate Banana Pops
eMeals Plan: dessert
- 4 large bananas
- 8 wooden craft sticks
- 1 (24 ounce) bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
- For Garnish: sprinkles, chopped nuts, crushed cookies, candy pieces
- Peel bananas and cut in half crosswise; insert a craft stick into the cut side of each banana half.
- Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and freeze at least one hour.
- Place chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at 30 second intervals, stirring periodically, until melted and smooth.
- Place toppings on separate paper plates or sheets of parchment paper.
- Remove bananas from freezer. Dip in melted chocolate, rolling to coat completely.
- Hold bananas over bowl of chocolate, allowing excess chocolate to drip off. Roll each banana in desired topping.
- Return to parchment-lined baking sheet and freeze for at least one hour before serving.
- Our Favorite Toppings: Crushed Butterfingers® candy, crushed Oreo® cookies, flaked coconut, granola
Recipe by The eMeals Blog at http://blog.emeals.com/fast-cool-summer-desserts/