Semi-Homemade Ice Cream Sandwiches
- 1 package ready-to-bake cookie dough
- 1 container of your favorite ice cream
- For garnish: colorful sprinkles, crushed cookies, candy, or chopped nuts
- Bake cookies according to package instructions. Cool completely.
- Remove ice cream from freezer, and allow it to soften slightly, about 5 minutes.
- Scoop about ¼ cup ice cream onto the flat bottom side of 1 cookie.
- Top with flat bottom side of another cookie, and press gently to push ice cream to edge of cookies.
- Roll sides of sandwich in sprinkles, cookie crumbs, candy, or crushed nuts, if desired, pressing gently to adhere garnish to ice cream.
- Wrap tightly in plastic wrap and freeze until firm, about 2 hours.
- Repeat with remaining cookies.
Recipe by The eMeals Blog at http://blog.emeals.com/fast-cool-summer-desserts-semi-homemade-ice-cream-sandwiches/