Peach Buttermilk Ice Cream
- 2 ½ pounds ripe peaches, divided
- ¾ cup granulated sugar, divided
- ½ cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 ½ tablespoon fresh lemon juice, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups buttermilk
- Peel peaches, halve, and remove pits. Place 2 pounds of the peaches in a food processor and coarsely chop.
- Add ½ cup granulated sugar, brown sugar, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, vanilla extract, almond extract, and buttermilk; puree.
- Pour into a large bowl, cover, and chill one hour.
- Coarsely chop remaining ½ pound of peaches.
- Place in a medium bowl, and gently toss with remaining ¼ cup granulated sugar and ½ tablespoon lemon juice.
- Chill until buttermilk mixture is ready to use.
- Add chopped peach mixture to buttermilk mixture, and pour into an ice cream freezer.
- Freeze according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- Store leftover ice cream in an airtight container in the freezer up to 1 week.
Recipe by The eMeals Blog at http://blog.emeals.com/fast-cool-summer-desserts-peach-buttermilk-ice-cream/