- 1 medium apple, peeled and diced
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon, divided
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 ¼ cup whole wheat flour
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 ¾ cups old fashioned rolled oats
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9x9” glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, toss apple with 1 teaspoon cinnamon and sugar; set aside.
- In large bowl, whisk together flour, brown sugar, baking powder, and 2 teaspoons cinnamon.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together milk, applesauce, egg, canola oil, and vanilla.
- Add milk mixture to flour mixture, and gently stir to combine. Fold in oats and apple.
- Spread batter evenly in baking dish, and bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until set. Cool completely, and cut into individual bars.
- If desired, wrap bars individually in plastic wrap, and place wrapped bars in a zip-top freezer bag. Freeze for up to one month. Thaw bars as needed in the microwave.
Recipe by The eMeals Blog at http://blog.emeals.com/breakfast-to-go-oatmeal-bars/