Roasted Sweet Potato Salad Tacos
- 4 medium sized sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into approx. 1 in cubes
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 cups fresh pineapple chunks
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper diced
- ½ cup shallots diced
- 1 jalapeno seeded and finely chopped
- ½ cup scallions thinly sliced scallions
- ½ cup fresh cilantro chopped
- ½ cup flat leaf parsley chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- zest of 1 orange
- 2 tsp deli style mustard
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- In a roasting pan, combine sweet potatoes, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Stir around coating potatoes in oil. Roast for 25-30 minutes at 425 F, until fork tender and golden brown. Let potatoes cool.
- In a large bowl, add potatoes and mix with the pineapple, bell peppers, shallots, jalapeno, scallions, cilantro, and parsley.
- To prepare dressing, whisk together the apple cider vinegar, brown sugar, orange zest, mustard and vegetable oil. Whisk until a creamy dressing forms.
- Pour dressing over cooled potato salad. Toss. Chill in refrigerator until ready to serve. Toss again prior to serving.
- At your tailgates serve in a whole wheat tortilla shell and top with your choice of shredded cheese. I like a crumbled Queso Blanco or shredded pepper jack.
Recipe by The eMeals Blog at http://blog.emeals.com/tailgating-season-roasted-sweet-potato-salad-tacos/