Blackened Skirt Steak BLT Salad
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 pound skirt or flank steak, trimmed
- 4 cups baby mixed greens
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 4 pieces bacon, cooked and crumbled
- ½ cup thinly sliced red onion
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat broiler. Combine paprika, cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, salt, and pepper in a small bowl.
- Brush olive oil evenly over steak. Sprinkle both sides with spice mixture, pressing to adhere.
- Place on a broiler pan. Broil 4 inches from heat for 8-10 minutes, turning once.
- Remove from oven; let stand 15 minutes before slicing.
- Combine mixed greens, tomatoes, bacon, and red onion in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine vinegar, oil, mustard, garlic, salt, and black pepper.
- Stir with a whisk and toss with salad mixture. Top salad with steak.
Recipe by The eMeals Blog at http://blog.emeals.com/paleo-meal-plan-blackened-skirt-steak-blt-salad/