Cranberry-Apple-Cheese Pie à la Mode
- 2 refrigerated pie crusts, softened as directed on box
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- ⅓ cup flour
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 3 cups peeled, diced apple
- 3 cups fresh cranberries (or frozen, thawed)
- Vanilla ice cream
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Press one pie crust into the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9-inch pie plate.
- In a large bowl, whisk together sugar, flour, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Add cheese, apples, and cranberries, and toss to combine.
- Pour into crust-lined pie plate.
- Top pie with second crust, pressing together edges of crusts to seal, and flute if desired.
- Cut several slits in the top crust.
- Bake 35-40 minutes, or until apples are tender and crust is golden brown.
- * If the crust starts to get too brown before the apples are tender, use strips of aluminum foil to cover edges of crust. Remove from oven and cool 20-30 minutes. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.
Recipe by The eMeals Blog at http://blog.emeals.com/simple-dessert-cranberry-apple-cheese-pie-a-la-mode/