Auburn Tailgate Recipe: Vanilla-Rosemary Lemonade
- 1½ cups sugar
- 1 vanilla bean, split
- 3 small fresh rosemary sprigs
- 3 cups water
- 3 cups fresh lemon juice (about 26 to 30 lemons)*
- Garnish: fresh rosemary sprigs, lemon slices (optional)
- Combine sugar, vanilla bean, 3 small fresh rosemary sprigs, and water in a medium saucepan.
- Bring to a light boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Simmer 5 minutes. Remove from heat, and let cool 30 minutes.
- Pour through a fine wire-mesh strainer into a large pitcher, discarding solids.
- Stir in fresh lemon juice.
- Cover and chill 3 to 48 hours.
- Stir just before serving over ice. Garnish, if desired.
- **3 (7.5-oz.) containers frozen lemon juice, thawed, may be substituted.
Recipe by The eMeals Blog at http://blog.emeals.com/auburn-tailgate-recipe-vanilla-rosemary-lemonade/