- 1 large eggplant
- 1 stick butter
- 1 ½ cups crushed saltine crackers
- 1 ½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 5 eggs
- 1 ½ cups milk
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Peel and dice eggplant. Steam in a covered saucepan with 1 inch water until very soft. Drain water completely. Add stick of butter to eggplant.
- Cover and let butter melt. Smash eggplant with potato masher. (Do not use a blender)
- With a mixer, mix together eggs, milk, salt, pepper.
- Fold in crackers, cheese, and eggplant mixture. Pour in a greased casserole dish.
- Sprinkle generously with Parmesan. Bake @400 for 45 min to 1 hour, until the center rises and evenly browned on top.
Recipe by The eMeals Blog at http://blog.emeals.com/the-magic-of-a-thanksgiving-meal/