Blueberry Sizzle French Toast
- 4-6 hoagie rolls, cut in 2-inch cubes
- 8 large eggs
- 3 cups milk
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- Cinnamon and sugar to taste
- Blueberry Sizzle Topping:
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1½ cups fresh blueberries
- ¾ cup maple syrup
- Dash nutmeg
- Place bread cubes tightly in a 9x13-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Combine eggs, milk, sugar, salt, and vanilla in a medium bowl; whisk to combine and pour over bread.
- Cover dish and refrigerate 6 - 36 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Remove dish from refrigerator, and bake uncovered for 45 minutes.
- Remove dish from oven, and drizzle top evenly with melted butter. Sprinkle generously with cinnamon and sugar. Bake 5 - 10 more minutes. Remove from oven and let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- Meanwhile, heat butter in a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add blueberries and cook 3 minutes. Add syrup and nutmeg, and bring to boil.
- Serve warm blueberry topping over French toast.
Recipe by The eMeals Blog at http://blog.emeals.com/aldi-meal-plan-recipe-blueberry-sizzle-french-toast/