Cheesy Ham & Hash Brown Casserole
eMeals Plan: breakfast
- 8 ounce ham steak, diced
- 20 ounce bag shredded hash brown potatoes, about 3½ cups
- ½ small onion, chopped
- 4 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded, about 1 cup
- 12 ounce can evaporated milk
- 1 egg
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Layer half of potatoes in an 8x8” baking dish or 2-quart casserole dish coated with cooking spray. Top with half of onion, half of ham, and half of cheese. Repeat layers.
- In a large bowl, whisk together milk, egg, salt, and pepper; pour over casserole.
- Cover dish with foil, and bake for 1 hour. Remove foil and bake 5 more minutes, or until top is browned & bubbly. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Recipe by The eMeals Blog at http://blog.emeals.com/healthy-breakfast-plan-cheesy-ham-hash-brown-casserole/